Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Citigroup ( C) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Citigroup rose $1.13 (2.2%) to $53.40 on average volume. Throughout the day, 26,762,394 shares of Citigroup exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 21,557,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $52.31-$53.47 after having opened the day at $52.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.27. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: GAIN Capital Holdings ( GCAP), up 13.8%, ELEMENTS Linked to SPECTRUM Large Cap U.S ( EEH), up 12.8%, Gaming and Leisure Properties ( GLPI), up 10.1% and iPath Long Extended S&P 500 TR Index ETN ( SFLA), up 8.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Citigroup Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.