Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Hewlett-Packard ( HPQ) pushed the Computer Hardware industry higher today making it today's featured computer hardware winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Hewlett-Packard rose $0.68 (2.5%) to $28.34 on average volume. Throughout the day, 12,621,904 shares of Hewlett-Packard exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 16,063,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $27.70-$28.50 after having opened the day at $27.71 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.66. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that increased today were: China TechFaith Wireless Comm Tech ( CNTF), up 11.2%, voxeljet ( VJET), up 8.0%, Gigamon ( GIMO), up 7.9% and Quantum Corporation ( QTM), up 5.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Hewlett-Packard Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.