Shares of Cisco dropped 1.9% to $22.00 during trading on Thursday. Over the past month, however, shares of the company have risen 3.4% from $21.09. Cisco gained a total of 10.3% over the past year. Just over 44.3 million shares of the IT company changed hands on Thursday.
TheStreet Ratings team rates CISCO SYSTEMS INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate CISCO SYSTEMS INC (CSCO) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- CSCO's revenue growth trails the industry average of 22.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Although CSCO's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.28 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.65, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for CISCO SYSTEMS INC is rather high; currently it is at 65.64%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 16.48% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $2,649.00 million or 7.46% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, CISCO SYSTEMS INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 49.82%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CSCO Ratings Report