The enterprise market will still be the most important area for profits for HP. But is the market interested in an HP smartphone? We compiled a list of smartphone manufacturers that HP will be up against.Do you see investment opportunities in HP, or these smartphone stocks? Use the list below as a starting point for your own analysis. 1. Hewlett-Packard Company ( HPQ): Offers various products, technologies, software, solutions, and services worldwide. Market cap at $53.84B, most recent closing price at $27.96.
2. Google Inc. ( GOOG): The world's most popular search engine. Market cap at $370.13B, most recent closing price at $1107.52.
3. Apple Inc. ( AAPL): Designs, manufactures, and markets PCs, mobile devices, and portable digital music players, and sells related software, services, and third-party digital applications. Market cap at $501.37B, most recent closing price at $559.14.
4. Microsoft Corporation ( MSFT): Develops, licenses, and supports a range of software products and services for various computing devices worldwide. Market cap at $311.37B, most recent closing price at $37.35.
5. Nokia Corporation ( NOK): Provides Internet and digital mapping and navigation services worldwide. Market cap at $29.66B, most recent closing price at $8.07.
6. BlackBerry Ltd. ( BBRY): Engages in the design, manufacture, and marketing of wireless solutions worldwide. Market cap at $3.81B, most recent closing price at $7.31.
7. LM Ericsson Telephone Co. ( ERIC): Provides communications equipment, professional services, and multimedia solutions to mobile and fixed networks operators worldwide. Market cap at $39.05B, most recent closing price at $12.20. (Written by Chris Lau, a Kapitall contributor, and list compiled by Emily Smykal, Kapitall's editor. All data sourced from finviz except where noted.)