Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified PVH ( PVH) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified PVH as such a stock due to the following factors:
- PVH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $87.7 million.
- PVH has traded 434,785 shares today.
- PVH is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PVH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PVH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PVH: PVH Corp. operates as an apparel company in the United States and internationally. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate PVH a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for PVH has been 856,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. PVH has a market cap of $11.0 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.05 and a short float of 2% with 2.56 days to cover. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates PVH as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 37.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- PVH CORP's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PVH CORP increased its bottom line by earning $5.87 versus $4.36 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.05 versus $5.87).
- The gross profit margin for PVH CORP is rather high; currently it is at 54.53%. Regardless of PVH's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 8.72% trails the industry average.
- PVH's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.99 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.12 is sturdy.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry average. The net income increased by 17.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $167.70 million to $196.71 million.
- You can view the full PVH Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.