Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Cheniere Energy ( LNG) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Cheniere Energy fell $1.15 (-2.6%) to $43.75 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,931,046 shares of Cheniere Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,579,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $43.57-$45.45 after having opened the day at $44.67 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.90. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Mexco Energy Corporation ( MXC), down 4.8%, Recon Technology ( RCON), down 4.6%, Cross Timbers Royalty ( CRT), down 3.9% and Eagle Rock Energy Partners ( EROC), down 3.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Cheniere Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.