Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. AvalonBay Communities ( AVB) pushed the Real Estate industry higher today making it today's featured real estate winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, AvalonBay Communities rose $1.25 (1.1%) to $118.91 on average volume. Throughout the day, 866,057 shares of AvalonBay Communities exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 730,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $117.55-$119.07 after having opened the day at $118.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $117.66. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that increased today were: Gaming and Leisure Properties ( GLPI), up 9.0%, IFM Investments ( CTC), up 8.4%, Maui Land & Pineapple Company ( MLP), up 7.9% and Monroe Capital ( MRCC), up 3.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full AvalonBay Communities Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.