Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold ( FCX) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.9%. By the end of trading, Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold rose $0.54 (1.5%) to $37.50 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8,979,150 shares of Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,478,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $36.94-$37.63 after having opened the day at $36.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.96. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Quaterra Resources ( QMM), up 29.6%, Rare Element Resources ( REE), up 20.9%, China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), up 17.5% and Molycorp ( MCP), up 15.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.