Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Charter Communications ( CHTR) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Charter Communications rose $1.34 (1.0%) to $133.50 on light volume. Throughout the day, 424,485 shares of Charter Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 825,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $131.44-$134.19 after having opened the day at $132.33 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $132.16. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: VisionChina Media ( VISN), up 28.4%, ChinaNet Online Holdings ( CNET), up 15.6%, AirMedia Group ( AMCN), up 4.2% and Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia ( MSO), up 3.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Charter Communications Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.