Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Anadarko Petroleum ( APC) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Anadarko Petroleum rose $1.19 (1.5%) to $79.41 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,876,018 shares of Anadarko Petroleum exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,050,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $78.17-$79.69 after having opened the day at $78.30 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $78.22. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: KiOR ( KIOR), up 15.3%, U.S. Energy ( USEG), up 10.7%, Solazyme ( SZYM), up 7.9% and Sanchez Energy ( SN), up 6.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Anadarko Petroleum Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.