Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Sigma-Aldrich Corporation ( SIAL) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Sigma-Aldrich Corporation rose $2.02 (2.2%) to $94.19 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 925,690 shares of Sigma-Aldrich Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 589,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $92.22-$94.78 after having opened the day at $92.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $92.17. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Amyris ( AMRS), up 16.0%, Pacific Ethanol ( PEIX), up 11.0%, Solazyme ( SZYM), up 7.9% and Synthesis Energy Sys ( SYMX), up 5.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Sigma-Aldrich Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.