Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. MBIA ( MBI) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, MBIA fell $0.12 (-1.0%) to $11.64 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,837,575 shares of MBIA exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,008,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $11.63-$11.98 after having opened the day at $11.94 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $11.76. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Vestin Realty Mortgage I ( VRTA), down 11.4%, iPath Pure Beta Precious Metals ETN ( BLNG), down 10.9%, Elbit Imaging ( EMITF), down 9.1% and UBS E-TRACS CMCI Livestock Total Return ETN ( UBC), down 8.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full MBIA Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.