Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ariad Pharmaceuticals ( ARIA) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Ariad Pharmaceuticals fell $0.11 (-1.6%) to $7.00 on average volume. Throughout the day, 31,121,728 shares of Ariad Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 26,203,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $6.99-$7.36 after having opened the day at $7.31 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.11. Other companies within the Drugs industry that declined today were: Mast Therapeutics ( MSTX), down 39.1%, Oramed Pharmaceuticals ( ORMP), down 21.3%, Heat Biologics ( HTBX), down 7.4% and Hemispherx Biopharma ( HEB), down 6.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Ariad Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.