Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. SM Energy ( SM) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, SM Energy fell $0.88 (-1.1%) to $81.98 on light volume. Throughout the day, 385,204 shares of SM Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,021,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $81.90-$83.17 after having opened the day at $82.63 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $82.86. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Northern Dynasty Minerals ( NAK), down 9.8%, Dejour Energy ( DEJ), down 7.8%, MagneGas Corporation ( MNGA), down 6.4% and Minco Gold Corporation ( MGH), down 6.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full SM Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.