Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Albemarle ( ALB) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Albemarle rose $0.72 (1.1%) to $63.38 on light volume. Throughout the day, 342,177 shares of Albemarle exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 631,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $63.00-$63.56 after having opened the day at $63.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $62.66. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Amyris ( AMRS), up 15.3%, Methes Energies International ( MEIL), up 10.7%, BioAmber ( BIOA), up 8.5% and LSB Industries ( LXU), up 3.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Albemarle Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.