Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Chevron ( CVX) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Chevron rose $1.30 (1.1%) to $124.81 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3,395,313 shares of Chevron exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,060,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $123.55-$124.99 after having opened the day at $123.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $123.51. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: USEC ( USU), up 27.1%, General Moly ( GMO), up 27.0%, HyperDynamics Corporation ( HDY), up 20.6% and Rubicon Minerals ( RBY), up 19.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Chevron Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.