Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. United Technologies ( UTX) pushed the Aerospace/Defense industry higher today making it today's featured aerospace/defense winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, United Technologies rose $1.22 (1.1%) to $112.69 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,433,799 shares of United Technologies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,868,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $111.56-$112.76 after having opened the day at $111.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $111.47. Other companies within the Aerospace/Defense industry that increased today were: Acorn Energy ( ACFN), up 4.7%, Air Industries Group ( AIRI), up 2.7%, DigitalGlobe ( DGI), up 2.2% and Embraer S.A ( ERJ), up 1.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full United Technologies Ratings Report.
- Use our aerospace/defense section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.