- SIAL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $54.4 million.
- SIAL has traded 184,882 shares today.
- SIAL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SIAL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SIAL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SIAL: Sigma-Aldrich Corporation, a life science and high technology company, develops, manufactures, purchases, and distributes various chemicals, biochemicals, and equipment worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. SIAL has a PE ratio of 23.0. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Sigma-Aldrich Corporation a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Sigma-Aldrich Corporation has been 590,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Sigma-Aldrich has a market cap of $10.8 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 0.74 and a short float of 5.4% with 9.15 days to cover. Shares are up 24.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Sigma-Aldrich Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- SIGMA-ALDRICH CORP has improved earnings per share by 6.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SIGMA-ALDRICH CORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.78 versus $3.72 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.12 versus $3.78).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 7.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- SIAL's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.15 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, SIAL has a quick ratio of 2.46, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $217.00 million or 41.83% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -6.83%.
- You can view the full Sigma-Aldrich Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.