Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified ScanSource ( SCSC) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified ScanSource as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SCSC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $8.1 million.
- SCSC has traded 48,367 shares today.
- SCSC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SCSC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SCSC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SCSC: ScanSource, Inc. operates as a wholesale distributor of specialty technology products in North America and internationally. It operates in two segments, Worldwide Barcode & Security and Worldwide Communications & Services. SCSC has a PE ratio of 32.2. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate ScanSource a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for ScanSource has been 141,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. ScanSource has a market cap of $1.2 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.37 and a short float of 1.2% with 1.50 days to cover. Shares are up 31.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates ScanSource as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SCSC's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.01 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.30, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 1805.00% to $45.70 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SCANSOURCE INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -13.19%.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 37.79% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- SCANSOURCE INC has improved earnings per share by 9.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SCANSOURCE INC reported lower earnings of $1.24 versus $2.68 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.61 versus $1.24).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 10.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $17.64 million to $19.44 million.
- You can view the full ScanSource Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.