- PL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $25.8 million.
- PL has traded 93,491 shares today.
- PL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PL: Protective Life Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, provides financial services primarily in the United States. The company engages in the production, distribution, and administration of insurance and retirement products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. PL has a PE ratio of 12.0. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Protective Life a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Protective Life has been 338,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Protective Life has a market cap of $4.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 1.87 and a short float of 4.1% with 6.39 days to cover. Shares are up 77.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Protective Life as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 57.53% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 72.35% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, PL should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $251.74 million or 8.85% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -23.45%.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, PROTECTIVE LIFE CORP has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Protective Life Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.