Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Tenet Healthcare ( THC) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, Tenet Healthcare fell $0.50 (-1.2%) to $39.81 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,172,456 shares of Tenet Healthcare exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,902,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $39.58-$41.30 after having opened the day at $40.47 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.31. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Mast Therapeutics ( MSTX), down 41.3%, Tesaro ( TSRO), down 24.8%, American Caresource Holdings ( ANCI), down 10.2% and Pingtan Marine Enterprise ( PME), down 7.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Tenet Healthcare Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.