Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. FMC Technologies ( FTI) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, FMC Technologies fell $0.66 (-1.3%) to $51.64 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,110,610 shares of FMC Technologies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,991,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $51.60-$52.69 after having opened the day at $52.62 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.30. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: TransAtlantic Petroleum ( TAT), down 23.6%, Northern Dynasty Minerals ( NAK), down 17.8%, MagneGas Corporation ( MNGA), down 13.5% and Kingold Jewelry ( KGJI), down 8.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full FMC Technologies Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.