Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Cisco Systems ( CSCO) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Cisco Systems rose $0.44 (2.1%) to $21.57 on average volume. Throughout the day, 39,860,535 shares of Cisco Systems exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 46,636,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $21.22-$21.62 after having opened the day at $21.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.13. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Dynamics Research Corporation ( DRCO), up 58.1%, Hong Kong Television Network ( HKTV), up 40.2%, Xyratex ( XRTX), up 27.3% and Luna Innovations ( LUNA), up 23.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Cisco Systems Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.