Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Vale ( VALE) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Vale rose $0.23 (1.6%) to $14.66 on light volume. Throughout the day, 11,960,770 shares of Vale exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 16,691,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $14.46-$14.70 after having opened the day at $14.52 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.43. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: North American Palladium ( PAL), up 15.8%, Avalon Rare Metals ( AVL), up 8.5%, Horsehead Holding Corporation ( ZINC), up 7.8% and PVR Partners ( PVR), up 6.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Vale Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.