Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Berkshire Hathaway ( BRK.B) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Berkshire Hathaway rose $1.44 (1.2%) to $117.04 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,464,868 shares of Berkshire Hathaway exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,421,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $116.22-$117.17 after having opened the day at $116.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $115.60. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Unico American Corporation ( UNAM), up 13.0%, CNinsure ( CISG), up 9.1%, Life Partners Holdings ( LPHI), up 6.1% and NMI Holdings Inc Class A ( NMIH), up 5.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Berkshire Hathaway Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.