Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Bank of New York Mellon ( BK) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Bank of New York Mellon rose $0.49 (1.4%) to $34.37 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3,376,862 shares of Bank of New York Mellon exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,619,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $33.99-$34.42 after having opened the day at $34.09 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.88. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: IntercontinentalExchange Group ( ICE), up 13.7%, iPath Long Extended Russell 1000 TR Index E ( ROLA), up 6.0%, Mexico Fund ( MXF), up 6.0% and ProShares Ultra MSCI Pacific ex-Japan ( UXJ), up 6.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Bank of New York Mellon Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.