Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. BP ( BP) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, BP rose $0.55 (1.2%) to $47.41 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4,002,347 shares of BP exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,479,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $47.27-$47.56 after having opened the day at $47.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.86. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Lilis Energy ( LLEX), up 25.0%, Eagle Rock Energy Partners ( EROC), up 12.6%, PostRock Energy ( PSTR), up 9.9% and Quicksilver Resources ( KWK), up 9.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full BP Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.