Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Tesoro Corporation ( TSO) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Tesoro Corporation rose $2.15 (3.8%) to $58.31 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,342,165 shares of Tesoro Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,868,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $56.54-$58.44 after having opened the day at $56.72 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $56.16. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Lilis Energy ( LLEX), up 25.0%, North American Palladium ( PAL), up 15.8%, Eagle Rock Energy Partners ( EROC), up 12.6% and Lightbridge ( LTBR), up 12.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Tesoro Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.