Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. U.S. Bancorp ( USB) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, U.S. Bancorp rose $0.44 (1.1%) to $40.49 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8,411,087 shares of U.S. Bancorp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,858,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $40.17-$40.81 after having opened the day at $40.24 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.05. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: DNB Financial Corporation ( DNBF), up 8.9%, First BanCorp ( FBP), up 7.6%, Seacoast Banking Corporation ( SBCF), up 7.3% and Bank of South Carolina Corporation ( BKSC), up 6.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full U.S. Bancorp Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.