Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Roper Industries ( ROP) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Roper Industries as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ROP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $82.7 million.
- ROP has traded 617,085 shares today.
- ROP is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ROP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ROP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ROP: Roper Industries, Inc. designs, manufactures, and distributes radio frequency (RF) products and services, industrial technology products, energy systems and controls, and medical and scientific imaging products and software. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.6%. ROP has a PE ratio of 25.8. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Roper Industries a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Roper Industries has been 451,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Roper has a market cap of $13.2 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 0.93 and a short float of 1.7% with 2.41 days to cover. Shares are up 20.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Roper Industries as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ROP's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 10.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- ROPER INDUSTRIES INC/DE has improved earnings per share by 16.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ROPER INDUSTRIES INC/DE increased its bottom line by earning $4.85 versus $4.34 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.60 versus $4.85).
- The gross profit margin for ROPER INDUSTRIES INC/DE is rather high; currently it is at 64.48%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 16.29% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $255.77 million or 24.50% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ROPER INDUSTRIES INC/DE has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 19.64%.
- ROP's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.64 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that ROP's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.66 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- You can view the full Roper Industries Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.