- MHFI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $104.4 million.
- MHFI has traded 3.7 million shares today.
- MHFI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MHFI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MHFI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MHFI: McGraw Hill Financial, Inc., a financial intelligence company, provides credit ratings, benchmarks, and analytics to capital and commodity markets worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. MHFI has a PE ratio of 25.3. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate McGraw Hill Financial a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for McGraw Hill Financial has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. McGraw Hill Financial has a market cap of $20.1 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.85 and a short float of 2% with 3.53 days to cover. Shares are up 35% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates McGraw Hill Financial as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The strong earnings growth this company has enjoyed -- up -- has apparently played a role in driving up its share price by a solid 28.47%. In addition, the rise in the general market has likely contributed to this stock's strong performance during this past year.Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, MHFI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 13.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Diversified Financial Services industry and the overall market, MCGRAW HILL FINANCIAL's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- MCGRAW HILL FINANCIAL reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MCGRAW HILL FINANCIAL reported lower earnings of $2.38 versus $2.75 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.30 versus $2.38).
- You can view the full McGraw Hill Financial Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.