Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Lannett Company ( LCI) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Lannett Company as such a stock due to the following factors:
- LCI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.5 million.
- LCI has traded 563,005 shares today.
- LCI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LCI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LCI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LCI: Lannett Company, Inc. develops, manufactures, packages, markets, and distributes generic versions of branded pharmaceutical products in the United States. It offers solid oral, extended release, topical, and oral solution finished dosage forms of drugs that address a range of therapeutic areas. LCI has a PE ratio of 175.9. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Lannett Company a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Lannett Company has been 433,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Lannett has a market cap of $1.0 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.48 and a short float of 3.1% with 1.96 days to cover. Shares are up 521.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Lannett Company as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 29.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- LCI's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.04 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.24, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- LANNETT CO INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, LANNETT CO INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.46 versus $0.14 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.45 versus $0.46).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 304.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $2.93 million to -$6.00 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, LANNETT CO INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Lannett Company Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.