- DOV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $84.7 million.
- DOV has traded 1.4 million shares today.
- DOV is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DOV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DOV NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DOV: Dover Corporation manufactures and sells a range of specialized products and components, and provides related consumables and services. The company operates in four segments: Communication Technologies, Energy, Engineered Systems, and Printing and Identification. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. DOV has a PE ratio of 16.7. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Dover Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Dover Corporation has been 886,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Dover has a market cap of $15.7 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.37 and a short float of 2.3% with 4.35 days to cover. Shares are up 41.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Dover Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and increase in net income. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 21.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.54, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.08, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 39.72% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, DOV should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- DOVER CORP has improved earnings per share by 20.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DOVER CORP increased its bottom line by earning $4.53 versus $4.49 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.29 versus $4.53).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Machinery industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 11.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $241.05 million to $269.11 million.
- You can view the full Dover Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.