Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. AutoNation ( AN) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, AutoNation fell $1.23 (-2.4%) to $49.84 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,469,174 shares of AutoNation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 963,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $49.80-$51.04 after having opened the day at $50.85 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.07. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: China Auto Logistics ( CALI), down 11.4%, CarMax ( KMX), down 9.4%, Lentuo International ( LAS), down 6.2% and Sport Chalet ( SPCHB), down 5.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full AutoNation Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.