Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Theravance ( THRX) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, Theravance fell $0.48 (-1.4%) to $34.50 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,778,344 shares of Theravance exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 909,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $34.23-$35.46 after having opened the day at $35.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.98. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Mast Therapeutics ( MSTX), down 43.4%, Celator Pharmaceuticals ( CPXX), down 13.5%, Ocera Therapeutics ( OCRX), down 13.1% and American Caresource Holdings ( ANCI), down 8.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Theravance Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.