Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Actavis ( ACT) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.7%. By the end of trading, Actavis fell $2.78 (-1.7%) to $162.51 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,035,201 shares of Actavis exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,522,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $161.92-$165.59 after having opened the day at $165.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $165.29. Other companies within the Drugs industry that declined today were: Mast Therapeutics ( MSTX), down 43.4%, Celator Pharmaceuticals ( CPXX), down 13.5%, Ocera Therapeutics ( OCRX), down 13.1% and Idera Pharmaceuticals ( IDRA), down 8.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Actavis Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.