Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. BlackBerry ( BBRY) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, BlackBerry rose $0.97 (15.5%) to $7.22 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 137,443,455 shares of BlackBerry exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 20,124,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $6.08-$7.34 after having opened the day at $6.34 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.25. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Hong Kong Television Network ( HKTV), up 16.6%, Elephant Talk Communications ( ETAK), up 11.7%, On Track Innovations ( OTIV), up 10.5% and Envivio ( ENVI), up 7.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full BlackBerry Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.