Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Host Hotels & Resorts ( HST) pushed the Real Estate industry higher today making it today's featured real estate winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Host Hotels & Resorts rose $0.20 (1.1%) to $19.07 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 8,547,948 shares of Host Hotels & Resorts exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,695,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $18.94-$19.13 after having opened the day at $18.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.87. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that increased today were: Vestin Realty Mortgage I ( VRTA), up 10.3%, Gaming and Leisure Properties ( GLPI), up 9.2%, Western Asset Mortgage Capital ( WMC), up 6.7% and Preferred Apartment Communities ( APTS), up 6.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Host Hotels & Resorts Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.