Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PulteGroup ( PHM) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, PulteGroup rose $0.37 (2.0%) to $18.62 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8,859,804 shares of PulteGroup exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,580,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $18.28-$18.80 after having opened the day at $18.33 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.25. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: India Globalization Capital ( IGC), up 8.1%, Quanex Building Products ( NX), up 6.8%, Sterling Construction Company ( STRL), up 6.5% and MagneGas Corporation ( MNGA), up 6.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full PulteGroup Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.