Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Amgen ( AMGN) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, Amgen rose $1.43 (1.3%) to $114.03 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4,715,974 shares of Amgen exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,041,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $112.02-$114.98 after having opened the day at $112.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $112.60. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Oramed Pharmaceuticals ( ORMP), up 49.0%, Amarin Corporation ( AMRN), up 25.5%, AVANIR Pharmaceuticals ( AVNR), up 19.7% and Ariad Pharmaceuticals ( ARIA), up 16.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Amgen Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.