Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Merck ( MRK) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.7%. By the end of trading, Merck rose $0.53 (1.1%) to $49.32 on average volume. Throughout the day, 16,301,817 shares of Merck exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13,529,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $48.63-$49.44 after having opened the day at $48.86 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.79. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Oramed Pharmaceuticals ( ORMP), up 49.0%, Amarin Corporation ( AMRN), up 25.5%, AVANIR Pharmaceuticals ( AVNR), up 19.7% and Ariad Pharmaceuticals ( ARIA), up 16.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Merck Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.