Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ecolab ( ECL) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Ecolab rose $1.29 (1.2%) to $104.24 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,555,605 shares of Ecolab exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 923,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $102.55-$104.56 after having opened the day at $102.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $102.95. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Limoneira ( LMNR), up 15.8%, Swisher Hygiene ( SWSH), up 14.5%, Shiloh Industries ( SHLO), up 12.7% and Marine Products Corporation ( MPX), up 12.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Ecolab Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.