- TUP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $38.7 million.
- TUP has traded 437,053 shares today.
- TUP is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TUP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TUP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TUP: Tupperware Brands Corporation operates as a direct seller of various products across a range of brands and categories through an independent sales force worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.6%. TUP has a PE ratio of 19.6. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Tupperware Brands Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tupperware Brands Corporation has been 389,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Tupperware has a market cap of $4.7 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.07 and a short float of 4.6% with 5.98 days to cover. Shares are up 47.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tupperware Brands Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 40.15% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, TUP should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- TUP's revenue growth trails the industry average of 29.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Household Durables industry and the overall market, TUPPERWARE BRANDS CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for TUPPERWARE BRANDS CORP is rather high; currently it is at 69.18%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 8.28% is above that of the industry average.
- TUPPERWARE BRANDS CORP has improved earnings per share by 11.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TUPPERWARE BRANDS CORP reported lower earnings of $3.43 versus $3.58 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.48 versus $3.43).
- You can view the full Tupperware Brands Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.