- CMCSA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $494.7 million.
- CMCSA has traded 10.6 million shares today.
- CMCSA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CMCSA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CMCSA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CMCSA: Comcast Corporation operates as a media and technology company worldwide. It operates through Cable Communications, Cable Networks, Broadcast Television, Filmed Entertainment, and Theme Parks segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. CMCSA has a PE ratio of 20.4. Currently there are 21 analysts that rate Comcast a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Comcast has been 10.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Comcast has a market cap of $104.8 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 1.25 and a short float of 1.2% with 2.53 days to cover. Shares are up 31.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Comcast as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, CMCSA's share price has jumped by 30.06%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CMCSA should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $3,994.00 million or 16.64% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, COMCAST CORP has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 13.61%.
- COMCAST CORP's earnings per share declined by 16.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, COMCAST CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.29 versus $1.51 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.01 versus $2.29).
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.94, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Despite the fact that CMCSA's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.60, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Media industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, COMCAST CORP has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Comcast Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.