Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Amphenol ( APH) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Amphenol as such a stock due to the following factors:
- APH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $45.7 million.
- APH has traded 401,859 shares today.
- APH is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in APH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for APH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on APH: Amphenol Corporation provides electrical, electronic, and fiber optic connectors; interconnect systems; and coaxial and specialty cables worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. APH has a PE ratio of 23.1. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Amphenol a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Amphenol has been 554,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Amphenol has a market cap of $13.7 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.36 and a short float of 1% with 3.04 days to cover. Shares are up 34.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Amphenol as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- APH's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 35.25% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, APH should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- AMPHENOL CORP has improved earnings per share by 10.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, AMPHENOL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.39 versus $3.05 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.79 versus $3.39).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry and the overall market, AMPHENOL CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $196.92 million or 11.88% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -13.19%.
- You can view the full Amphenol Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.