Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Exelon ( EXC) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Exelon fell $0.71 (-2.5%) to $27.22 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8,962,547 shares of Exelon exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,807,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $27.12-$27.76 after having opened the day at $27.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.93. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Empresa Distribuidora y Comercializadora No ( EDN), down 14.9%, Fuelcell Energy ( FCEL), down 4.0%, SJW Corporation ( SJW), down 4.0% and Atlantic Power Corporation ( AT), down 3.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Exelon Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.