Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. CenturyLink ( CTL) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, CenturyLink fell $0.48 (-1.5%) to $31.36 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 13,176,558 shares of CenturyLink exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,890,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $30.40-$31.69 after having opened the day at $31.63 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.84. Other companies within the Technology sector that declined today were: Semtech Corporation ( SMTC), down 12.1%, IEC Electronics Corporation ( IEC), down 9.5%, Maxcom Telecomunicaciones S.A.B. de C.V ( MXT), down 8.3% and Overland Storage ( OVRL), down 7.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full CenturyLink Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.