Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Discover Financial Services ( DFS) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Discover Financial Services fell $0.55 (-1.0%) to $53.90 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,961,891 shares of Discover Financial Services exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,026,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $53.70-$54.45 after having opened the day at $54.28 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.45. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: ELEMENTS Linked to SPECTRUM Large Cap U.S ( EEH), down 15.8%, China HGS Real Estate ( HGSH), down 13.2%, Credit Suisse ( DGAZ), down 12.5% and VelocityShares 3x Long Silver ETN linked to ( USLV), down 9.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Discover Financial Services Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.