Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Sigma-Aldrich Corporation ( SIAL) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Sigma-Aldrich Corporation fell $1.07 (-1.2%) to $89.88 on average volume. Throughout the day, 672,186 shares of Sigma-Aldrich Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 583,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $89.76-$90.95 after having opened the day at $90.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $90.95. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Methes Energies International ( MEIL), down 13.9%, Flexible Solutions International ( FSI), down 5.4%, Synthesis Energy Sys ( SYMX), down 3.6% and REX American Resources ( REX), down 3.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Sigma-Aldrich Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.