Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Marathon Petroleum ( MPC) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Marathon Petroleum fell $1.71 (-2.0%) to $85.71 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,482,540 shares of Marathon Petroleum exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,842,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $85.51-$87.80 after having opened the day at $87.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $87.42. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Methes Energies International ( MEIL), down 13.9%, Andatee China Marine Fuel Services Corporat ( AMCF), down 12.9%, Banro Corporation ( BAA), down 11.4% and Dejour Energy ( DEJ), down 9.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Marathon Petroleum Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.